With all the upcoming fall festivities and holidays, I think it’s time we satisfy our sweet tooth! There’s nothing better than a cool brisk night, the warmth of the oven and the smell of something sweet and delicious baking. I have this obsession with bundt cakes and adding rum to them. I have no idea where this comes from, maybe i have a little pirate in me “arrrrgh!”, wherever it comes from, I couldn’t just do a plain butterscotch bundt cake, I HAD to add a little rum to it! This is a great recipe to make sure you have an extra bottle of your favorite Schlossadler wine to sip while you bake and savor the flavors. With that being said, get your baking time bottle of wine, open it up, pour a glass, and let’s get to baking…yay!!!
As I mentioned above, this recipe is really easy, however, your guests, and even you will be shocked at how delicious it is. We are literally going to throw all but two ingredients into a bowl, mix it up, add the remaining two ingredients and bake for just under an hour. While the cake is baking, this is when we get to sip on and enjoy any one your favorite Schlossadler wines. Then about ten minutes before it’s done, we’ll whip up the frosting..easy peasy. The only real helpful hint I can give you is to make sure you really flour the bundt pan…but really…Flour. The. Bundt. Pan! Otherwise, it will stick and it’s not fun trying to get that darn cake out of that darn bundt pan.
As we’ve learned I have a “thing” for cream cheese, so naturally I chose a cream cheese glaze with rum (duh) to drizzle over this cake, and it equates to a literal slice of heaven on earth. So by now, the house smells amazing, the cake has come out of the oven, we’ve whipped up the most delectable glaze, glazed our bundt cake… It is time to put this amazing creation out, open our Beerenauslese wine, and let this cake speak for itself. Happy Fall and Happy Holidays, from my kitchen to yours, cheers!
- 1 box of white cake
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 c. butter
- 1 package of butterscotch pudding (smaller box)
- 6 tsp of white rum
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. of chopped pecans
- 1 c. of butterscotch chips
- Shredded sweetened coconut for garnish
- 1 Bottle of OBE Beerenaulese 2014
- 1 4oz package of softened cream cheese
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 4 c. of powdered sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 2 tsp of white rum
- In a large mixing bowl, mix first 8 ingredients together. Stir in 1 cup of chopped pecans and the cup of butterscotch chips.
- Grease and flour well the but bundt pan. Pour mixture in, sip wine!
- Bake at 350℉ for 55 minutes. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before removing.
- While cake is baking (sip wine) let cream cheese and butter soften. When there’s about 10 min left to bake mix all ingredients together and use spatula or spoon to drizzle over cake.
- Sprinkle with coconut, not pictured, but eaten that way.. It’s delicious! Then serve and toast to the good times!